Sunday, March 18, 2012


White Clay Creek,  "The Wedge, Delaware"

                                                      30"x22" watercolor by Wynn Breslin

 Here in "The Wedge", Delaware, the large forsythia bushes that I planted all around my home in l961 are just starting to come out in glorious yellow.The view from my studio is changing daily.  The grass is getting greener and the dogwoods are starting to look like they will be blooming soon.  I have painted this feeling of springtime into my watercolors and oils for years, both from inside my studio and out on he balcony that overlooks this beautiful view.
 I am especially fond of spring, because I feel that I am experiencing a rejuvenation of spirit. I try to express this as I paint.


 In March the bluebirds come back to the woods. The deer have twins feeding in the fields, and the little foxes will soon be playing in the field beyond my grass line.  Life is good in the valley, where hikers are enjoying nature.




                                                Walk in the Woods, "The Wedge", Delaware
                                                     30"x22" watercolor by Wynn Breslin 

No comments:

Post a Comment